Sweetened Wheatfuls: Make-Ahead Breakfast Casserole
Think of these Sweetened Wheatful muffins as French Toast to-go! Filled with fiber and protein, their crunchy tops and tender, soft interior have all the appeal of a bakery muffin with way less sugar (and effort) — a true mom win.
This recipe was developed and photographed by Didn’t I just Feed You.
- Servings: 8
- 11/2 cups whole milk, or non-dairy milk
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups Mom’s Best Sweetened Wheatful Cereal
Strawberry jam glaze, optional
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 1 teaspoon water
- Heat the oven to 325 F. Coat a muffin pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt in a large mixing bowl until completely homogenous, about 1 minute of steady whisking. Add the Sweetened Wheatfuls and let them soak up the custard mixture for 5 minutes.
- Fill 8 muffin cups with about ½ cup each of the cereal and milk mixture. Pour any excess milk mixture over the cups and pressing the Wheatfuls down a bit to fill the cups. Bake the muffins for 25 to 30 minutes or until the middles are firm and a tester comes out clean.
- Move the muffin pan to a cooling rack and cool for 5 minutes on a wire cooling rack before removing, serving and storing.
Storage: These Sweetened Wheatful Muffins keep well in the fridge for up to 3 days.